In light of recent events and ongoing concerns with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) it is both needful and prudent for church members and guest to be aware of what your leadership is doing in light of these challenges. Firstly, and importantly, every decision we will make as a church body will be in light of God’s Word and direction for us. To that end, we will not live in fear (2 Timothy 1:7) and through any developments will continually seek God’s guidance and grace individually and corporately. Importantly, we are called by Jesus to be as wise as serpents and as gentle as doves (Matthew 10:16). With that in mind, church leadership asks:
• Any member or guest who is feeling ill is encouraged to remain at home and join us in worship through Facebook Live (facebook.com/cometothecreek)
• Any member or guest who has pre-existing health conditions or is in a “high-risk” people group are encouraged to remain at home and join us in worship through Facebook Live (facebook.com/cometothecreek)
• All church attendees are encouraged to limit physical contact while attending church services
• The church will ensure that ample hand sanitizer and soap are available and encourage good hand washing habits
• The church will receive a thorough, in-depth cleaning each Saturday to prepare for Sunday services (please contact Sister Sarah Wright if you can assist)
Church leadership will continue to seek God’s will in prayer concerning additional next steps, safeguards, or guidance for services. Leadership will also continue monitoring developments and guidance from the CDC, Federal Government, State Government, and national, state, and local Southern Baptist partners. At this time church services will continue uninterrupted at on a regular schedule. Additional updates will be communicated via Facebook, the church’s website, the church Calling Post, and via our church newsletter. Please ensure that you are connected through one of these communication methods to receive timely updates.
Please be in prayer for each other and our church body. Continue praying for our nation and that God would help us shine brightly during this time of trial. For questions, please contact senior pastor Scott Bosier, President of the Deacons Jack Ott, or one of the other members of the deacon body (DeWitt Sweat, Curtis Wright, or Daniel Higginbotham).”