There are several important events this week we would like to make sure you are aware of!
- This Wednesday and Thursday (10/7 and 10/8) beginning at 9AM, volunteers are needed to assist with painting the children’s area. Breakfast will be provided. For details please contact Christiaan.
- This Friday 10/9 at 8:30AM volunteers are needed to assist with unloading pumpkins and setting up our Shoal Creek pumpkin patch at Pitchtree Cafe. For details please contact Daniel.
- This Saturday 10/10 at 9AM the building and grounds team will be completing several important projects at the church. If you can assist, please contact Daniel for details.
- This Sunday 10/11 after morning worship the high school youth group will be visiting The Escapery in Kennesaw (1349 Old 41 Hwy NW #250, Marietta, GA 30060). This escape room will see our fearless youth team escaping from Le Fue! All high schoolers are welcome. Please contact Christiaan for details.
The pumpkins are coming. The pumpkins are coming! Maybe it’s that cool north Georgia breeze, but we’re excited for fall. Our first annual Shoal Creek Pumpkin Patch will officially begin this week. We need your help! If you can assist with unloading the pumpkins and setting up the patch, please stop in at the PitchTree Cafe at 8:30AM on Friday 10/1.
You can volunteer to serve at the patch Monday-Saturday 11am to 7pm. To sign-up contact Daniel or visit http://www.cometothecreek.com/volunteer-sign-up/
Remember, all proceeds from this year’s patch will go to support missions and our effort to ship 300 shoeboxes as part of Operation Christmas Child. Help us bless children around the globe in Jesus’ name.
If you have not been receiving communications regularly from the church, like our automated phone based calling post or monthly newsletter, please ensure we have your updated contact information. Visit http://www.cometothecreek.com/update-member-info/ to update your information today.
There are some important upcoming events this week. Please be sure to mark your calendar!
- This Saturday 9/26 @ 8AM the Men’s Fellowship will meet at Bro. Jack Ott’s home. All men are invited for this great time of fellowship.
- Also this Saturday 9/26 beginning at 10AM our monthly food pantry will begin. If you or someone you know are in need, please stop in. If you’d like to volunteer, please make plans to be on site by 9AM.
- This Sunday 9/27 beginning at 5PM the Women’s Fellowship will meet for their monthly Bible study and supper. All women are invited for this wonderful time of fellowship.
we will be having Church Conference next Wednesday July 15th at 6:30pm. In person at the church for those who can come and via zoom for anyone social distancing from COVID. The zoom invitation is below.
You have been invited to the following event.
Shoal Creek – July 2020 Church Conference
Please join us for the Shoal Creek church conference on Wednesday July 15th at 6:30PM EST. Church members are invited to attend in person at the church or via a secure connection with Zoom on-line.
Join Zoom Meeting:
Dial-in: 312 626 6799 US
To join the meeting, from your phone dial 312-626-6799, when prompted enter the meeting ID as 920 438 5457 followed by #. When required, enter the meeting password of 072020 followed by #.
This meeting will be recorded.
Our new Connect Group: Power, begins tomorrow (Thursday 7/9) with Pastor Jim. This on-line Connect Group will meet via Zoom. You can learn more about this Connect Group at cometothecreek.com/connect.
The zoom information for tonight’s meeting is below.
Meeting ID: 808 778 6916
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,8087786916#,,,,0#,,7092020# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,8087786916#,,,,0#,,7092020# US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 808 778 6916
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdkPtyrbVw
We are excited to announce that Connect Groups are forming now! As we seek to do life together as a church, Connect Groups are a great way to help us live, learn, and love as we seek to be fully devoted followers of Jesus! Visit our Connect Groups page to learn more about the different Connect Groups you can join and to RSVP.
Are you or someone you love struggling with the loss of a love one? Grief is a process that takes time to go through. The good news is you don’t have to do it alone. Come join us as we embark on the journey from Grief to Joy.
A GriefShare support group will begin a new session on Wednesday, April 29th at 6:00. Because of Covid 19 our meetings will be online. All are welcome. Register at Griefshare.org or contact JoEllen Boyd at 808-927-6860.